Each soap is made in small batches, with great attention to quality. Formulated with an amazing line up of luxury oils, and hand-rendered Bison "Buffalo" tallow! Bison tallow makes a creamy, luscious lather while also making a hard and long-lasting soap. The bison are raised by a local family business that is organic and free of GMOs and humanely harvests these majestic animals.
Each bar is 3.5 ounce round bar of soap, easy to hold, wrapped by hand, using unbleached paper with a label on the top, listing all ingredients.
- Calamity Jane A bit of leather, a bit of lace, this soap captures Calamity Jane, tough and yet a woman, in love with Wild Bill. It's a great unisex scent. You'll smell leather, denim, tobacco and a hint of Lilac here.
- Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Bison tallow, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Avocado Oil.
- Farm Fresh is a clean, unisex scent, these are very rich bars of soap with a heavenly, creamy lather, excellent for all skin types.
- Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, pure Bison Tallow, Fresh local Goat Milk, Rice Bran, and Canola Oils, Fragrance, Oatmeal, and Ground Oatmeal for a light exfoliation.
- Seth Bullock smells like Cognac, Denim, Leather, and Tobacco for a truly unique Old West scent that is pleasing to men and women alike.
- Ingredients: Coconut Oil, *sustainable* Palm Oil, Shea Butter, Buffalo tallow, Olive Oil and Castor Oil.
- Wild Bill masculine without being overly so, with hints of leather, tobacco, and spice. Excellent for all skin types
- Ingredients: Bison "Buffalo" tallow, followed by our creamy Coconut Oil (no scent of Coconut, just the health benefits!), and then a line up of Grapeseed Oil, organic Hemp Seed Oil, Rice Bran Oil, and Avocado Oil.
Love the quality of this soap..very moisturizing, wonderful scent. The oatmeal adds a nice touch of exfoliating. A bar in the shower makes my whole bathroom smell wonderful!
Ordered 3 kinds and am pleased w/all three. The smell is clean and fresh. After using the smell does not last long and that is ok with me.
and, I’m soon gonna be Gifting some to my Sister & Brother-in-Law as well as to a couple of my Longtime Gal Friends
Well Done Dakota Soapworks ... and,
Thank You Ron & T
Your hands will thank you for avoiding normal soaps that turn them red and raw with all the hand washing we’re doing now. I sympathize with the folks who say the scent is too much; however, there is a workaround, and this soap is worth it. Just leave it out in the garage for a few days with only its paper wrapper. The scent that builds up in the plastic shipping bags dissipates in a few days, and after you’ve used the soap a week or two, it will hardly have any scent at all.
i got this soap to give to my husband as one of his birthday presents. when i first opened it, the scent just overwhelmed me — i hated it! but i tucked the soap into my closet with his other birthday gifts, and every time i opened the closet door that scent charged out at me (it is pretty aggressive). before long i really got to like it a LOT and am now keeping a spare bar in the bathroom cabinet just to have that aroma in there all the time. if at first you don’t care for it, give it a little time — you might well fall in love with it too!
I really don't much like most soap. Or, more correctly, my skin doesn't like it. But the two bars of Bison Soap have been a lifesaver for my husband and me--skin actually feels better than it did before. Now that we're having to wash our hands so often, it's nice to have something that doesn't make my hands look even more old and wrinkled. And I kind of like the scent on both Jane and Wild Bill . . .
I'm guessing this would be called a 'Luxury Soap' based upon the lather alone. Add to that an all day clean feeling and it's a winner. The Seth Bullock scent is the cherry on top. (Now if you develop a matching cologne I'll be your best friend forever!)
I bought the soap as stocking stuffers and I should have known better than to buy a scented item online so it isn't really your fault that I didn't like the fragrances. From the descriptions I was expecting more subtle and natural scents but the calamity Jane and I forget the other maybe wild bill smelled like public restroom soaps to me rather than cedar or whatever. The paper wrappers were so thin I thought they'd rip before gifting...the texture of the soap was nice.