What a great winter hat using a colorful variegated yarn! A 400 yd project using 200 yds in the main base color, 200 yds of a variegated colorway or use a solid color.
The sample is shown in a special colorway dyed by special guest dyer Tina Newton / Blue Moon Fiber Arts based on our Legendary Women series Doc Susie from Winter Park CO.
- Two skeins of Buffalo Wool Co Prairie 400 yds total
- MC (main color) Natural
- CC (contrast color) Doc Susie in photo
- One Size fits most
- Gauge 20 sts / 28 rows = 4"
- Needle sizes 4 (3.5mm) & 5 (3.75mm) circular or double point needles
- Fair Isle style knitting
- Pompom on top of hat optional feature
- Published November 2018
- Designed by Handiworks, LLC for The Buffalo Wool Company
Great yarn with well written directions. Color didn’t run when washed. Hat turned out great. Looking forward to wearing it this winter.
I haven’t started knitting this pattern, But it looks pretty straightforward. Also downloading this pattern was very easy.
Nice design. Great colors. :+1::skin-tone-2: