A fun winter hat using our limited edition, hand-dyed "Doc Susie" yarn.
The sample is shown in a special colorway dyed by special guest dyer Tina Newton / Blue Moon Fiber Arts based on our Legendary Women series Doc Susie from Winter Park CO. A 400 yd project using 200 yds in the main base color, 200 yds of a variegated colorway or one can even choose a solid color
- Two skeins of Buffalo Wool Co Prairie 400 yds total
- MC (main color) Natural
- CC (contrast color) Doc Susie in the photo or four other colorways
- One Size fits most
- Gauge 20 sts / 28 rows = 4"
- Needle sizes 4 (3.5mm) & 5 (3.75mm) circular or double point needles
- Fair Isle style knitting
- Pompom on top of hat optional feature
- Published November 2018
- Designed by Handiworks LLC for, The Buffalo Wool Company
I had seen this project and the fascinating yarn at a regional yarn show last year and couldn't forget it. I finally decided to order the kit and am absolutely in love with the yarn--very substantial, warm, wicking and such great colors!--as well as the Fair Isle pattern. The 50% mohair makes it soft as well.
I am amazed at how nice the yarn is to work with and found this to be a perfect first Fair Isle pattern for me. I have already ordered another exact kit with this same Doc Susie/Natural combination since I love the way the first one came out and will be able to use one as a gift!
I just want to thank Ron and T for more beautiful yarn! I was delighted when I opened up the kit. The
Doc Susie is a beautiful yarn that work well with the natural yarn!