Restocking Order is on it's way! We will be shipping these by Sept 8th.
Carefully crafted in the USA, the functional and fun "The Outback" is perfect for the outdoorsman who prefers the colder months with which to journey and enjoy the earth. Ideal to wear during rain, snow, sleet, or hail, the broad-brimmed rustic style bends but never breaks. And the lightweight crushable felt material repels these elements with considerable style, for a felt fedora with which fellow campers, wanderers, and journeymen can marvel! Be noticed on your travels..
- Water repellent wool/bison blend felt
- Springs back to shape after rolling up or stuffing into pack
- Genuine leather and feather band
Carefully crafted in the USA, the functional and fun "The Outback" is perfect for the outdoorsman who prefers the colder months with which to journey and enjoy the earth. Ideal to wear during rain, snow, sleet, or hail, the broad-brimmed rustic style bends but never breaks. And the lightweight crushable felt material repels these elements with considerable style, for a felt fedora with which fellow campers, wanderers, and journeymen can marvel! Be noticed on your travels.
20% bison 80% wool- Made exclusively for us by Bollman Hats, Adamstown, PA.
|7" - 7 1/8"|
|Large||7 1/4" - 7 3/8"|
|X-Large||7 1/2" - 7 5/8"|
Hat Sizing Guide
|Small||6 3/4||21 1/8||54|
|6 7/8||21 1/2||55|
|7 1/8||22 1/4||57|
|Large||7 1/4||22 5/8||58|
|X Large||7 1/2||23 1/2||60|
|7 5/8||23 7/8||61|
How to Find Your Hat Size
- First, get yourself a tape measure made from a flexible material like cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic.
- Wrap the tape around your head, making sure you measure above your ears at the area where you prefer to wear your hat.
Although it is a matter of personal choice, a good spot to measure is the widest part of your head, as that’s where a hat often fits the best. When you get a measurement, consult the charts above to figure out your size.
- Measure several times to ensure you’re getting an accurate measurement.
- Don’t pull the tape too tight; you always want to err on the side of having a little too much room.
- If you fall between two sizes, we strongly recommend that you choose the larger in the interest of comfort.
- Head sizes and shapes differ from region to region. The most common male size is 7-3/8 and the average hat size for females is 7-1/4
I love the hat. Great color and shape, only issue I have is that I have a large Melon so it is a little tight and wears a little high on the head. Is there an even larger size? I typically wear a size 8 hat.
This is an absolutely beautiful hat. I love the fit, the color and the feather in the bad is like icing on the cake.
After seeing this hat at the NWTF convention in Nashville, TN, I had to have one. They didn’t have my size there at the show so I ordered it on line. The next week I had it delivered and was very happy with it. This is a great looking hat. I misjudged the size a little so I sent Ron an e-mail. He gave me some tips on how to open it up a little or I could send it back to him. I followed his advise on resizing it and it fits great now without having to send it back.
I bought this hat for my husband. He loves it! He finds it very warm, a good fit, and great in all kinds of weather. I think it looks fantastic on him!
This is my second hat from your company, and I love both of them. They are the best hats on the market... I have tried lots of other companies and truly you are the go to place to get high quality hats. Thanks
Well made, comfortable and stylish
Very well made, looks great, fits perfectly, warm of course and feels like it will last forever. I’m very pleased!
I have been looking for a winter hat and this is a great quality hat and the shape and color is the best. I am very happy with my new winter hat. got lots of compliments..