This hat still brings the Buffalo Wool packable crushable hat with a bill to help protect the glasses from rain and snow. And when you need extra warmth for the ears just pull the bison knitted ear band down to cover the ears. Has a changeable morale patch on the front of hat.
- Weather flap is made from 90% Bison down 10% Nylon for that bison extra warmth need for the ears
- Bison knitted band height 3"
- Color: olive, 2" brim, 3" crown
- Packable & crushable, Springs back to shape after rolling up or stuffing into the pack
- Water-repellent wool/bison blend felt
- Buffalo Wool Co patch included with cap
- Morale Patch (changeable) 2x31/2 velcro square on the front of the cap
- 80% Wool 20% Bison felt
- Made in the U.S.A
Standard Hat Size Inches BWC Hat Size
6 3/4 - 6 7/8 21 - 21.5 Small
7 - 7 1/8 22 - 22.75 Medium
7 1/4 - 7 3/8 22.75 - 23 Large
7 1/2 - 7 5/8 23.6 -24 X-Large
Hat Sizing Guide
|Small||6 3/4||21 1/8||54|
|6 7/8||21 1/2||55|
|7 1/8||22 1/4||57|
|Large||7 1/4||22 5/8||58|
|X Large||7 1/2||23 1/2||60|
|7 5/8||23 7/8||61|
How to Find Your Hat Size
- First, get yourself a tape measure made from a flexible material like cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic.
- Wrap the tape around your head, making sure you measure above your ears at the area where you prefer to wear your hat.
Although it is a matter of personal choice, a good spot to measure is the widest part of your head, as that’s where a hat often fits the best. When you get a measurement, consult the charts above to figure out your size.
- Measure several times to ensure you’re getting an accurate measurement.
- Don’t pull the tape too tight; you always want to err on the side of having a little too much room.
- If you fall between two sizes, we strongly recommend that you choose the larger in the interest of comfort.
- Head sizes and shapes differ from region to region. The most common male size is 7-3/8 and the average hat size for females is 7-1/4
I was so happy to receive this hat and love the fact that it is so warm and does not mess up my hair like a knit cap does!
Very pleased with the flaps that keep your ears covered & warm, but especially the way it fits snugly on my head and does not get blown off !
It's a cute hat in the photo, and definitely warm but the knitted flap is not really long enough to cover the ears or neck. The flat top and stiff sides means it doesn't really "fit" right, kind of wobbles around. The brim is okay, again kind of stiff and doesn't shade the eyes as much as I need. I was hoping to love it, but it's not exactly what I was hoping for.
This is a 4th type of bison hat I have purchased from the The Buffalo Wool Co. I have to keep my bald head warm in the Winter. Buffalo Wool caps and hats do just that. The Red River is cool as I can put my own velcro patch on the front for my bison ranch in the future.
Looks good feels good...haven’t had a chance to to wear it it’s stull warm here
Received my Red River Buffalo Cap today. I absolutely love it. It feels great and looks great. Thank you Buffalo Wool Company!
I have ordered twice (SO FAR!!!) from the Buffalo Wool Comp., and the quality has blown me away both times. The cap is VERY well made and much better than advertised. If you are new to the bison wool, you are in for a treat!!! With the socks, immediately you can see and feel the quality. Once you try them on, I honestly cant see how you would ever go back to regular wool socks. Once the American Field Bison Boot Socks return to stock, I will be ordering a pair for myself and my dad as well as the Bison/Wool insoles. I once had a question and the owner himself actually took the call and helped me out! Literally a 7 out of 5 star experience on my end.
Have not received it yet