A Pork Pie is a small, shaped, brimmed hat. with a soft rolled brim with a slightly more rigid crown shaping to give it a more defined shape. A fun knit to create a soft, squishy, brimmed hat! Decorated with a traditional fair-isle hat band, this is a classic look for a winter topper!
The yardage for the hat includes the colors for the fair - isle patterning; the breakdown is approx. 180 to 250 yds main, and approx. 20 to 25 yds each of the two secondary colors.
- Craft - Knitting
- Published August 2016
- Designed by Le Tissier Designs, Lynette Meeks
- Pattern - PDF knitting pattern
- Yarn Buffalo Wool Company Buffalo Skies DK
- Yarn weight DK / 8 ply (11 wpi)
- Gauge 24 stitches = 4 inches in stockinette
- Needle size US 5 - 3.75 mm
- Yardage 225 - 300 yards (206 - 274 m)
- Sizes available small/medium and medium/large
Fish not receive my hat!!!
Wonderful customer service! Thanks for the help!
Haven’t knit this yet but the pattern looks easy to follow and I love the Fair Isle design
A combination of two things I love, stranded knitting and knitting hats. The pattern is well-written, easy to follow and a great design. Not to mention it looks good when I wear it!
I made this for my son . I put his company logo in the stripe. It was Huge. I should have made it smaller but I love it