A fun and fanciful hat to knit for everyone in the family. There are 5 sizes and 2 crown options. You can finish off the rhyme by duplicate stitching in the “Red fish, Blue fish!” after the knitting is done.
The colorwork is created using the Mosaic knitting technique. Mosaic knitting is a method of creating colorwork and textural patterns without carrying a second yarn across your work.The colorwork body of the pattern is charted. Both crown shaping options are written out.
- Knitting PDF pattern (written and charted)
- LeTissier Designs
- Published August 2017 (Ravelry)
- Buffalo Wool Company Buffalo Skies DK
- Yarn weight DK (11 wpi)
- Gauge 22 stitches = 4 inches in mosaic st
- Needle size US 4 - 3.5 mm & US 5 - 3.75 mm
- Yardage 125 yards (114 m)
- Knitted in the round, bottom up
- Sizes available baby, child (sample), Small Adult, Medium, Large Adult