Take a beautiful, soft yarn, some glittering beads, work with a few easy stitches and a special “Little Something Something” is born.
This little cowl is fairly heavily beaded and drapes beautifully around the neck. The stitches are easy; a basic cable, a few yarn-overs and the bramble (trinity) stitch. Tuck it into your coat for a little warmth and a little sparkle, drape it over the collar of your shirt to warm up a cold office and add a little “Something” to your day.
The beads add depth and shaping to the cowl. Though knitted straight from the cast-on up the beaded sections are wider and create a curved edge to the bottom of the cowl. If the beads were removed this could be a gender neutral piece. Make it longer, make it deeper, it would be very easy to adjust.
- Knitting PDF pattern
- Published December 2017
- Buffalo Wool Company Earth Bison Down
- Yarn weight Fingering (14 wpi)
- Gauge 6 stitches = 4 inches in stockinette stitch; blocked
- Needle size US 7 - 4.5 mm
- Hook size 1.0 mm
- Yardage 180 - 200 yards (165 - 183 m)
- Sizes available One Size
- PDF pattern written and charted
- Approx 500 size 6/0 beads