- Water repellent wool/bison blend felt
- Springs back to shape after rolling up or stuffing into pack
- Grosgrain Ribbon Trim, with contrasting stitching
Hat Sizing Guide
|Small||6 3/4||21 1/8||54|
|6 7/8||21 1/2||55|
|7 1/8||22 1/4||57|
|Large||7 1/4||22 5/8||58|
|X Large||7 1/2||23 1/2||60|
|7 5/8||23 7/8||61|
How to Find Your Hat Size
- First, get yourself a tape measure made from a flexible material like cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic.
- Wrap the tape around your head, making sure you measure above your ears at the area where you prefer to wear your hat.
Although it is a matter of personal choice, a good spot to measure is the widest part of your head, as that’s where a hat often fits the best. When you get a measurement, consult the charts above to figure out your size.
- Measure several times to ensure you’re getting an accurate measurement.
- Don’t pull the tape too tight; you always want to err on the side of having a little too much room.
- If you fall between two sizes, we strongly recommend that you choose the larger in the interest of comfort.
- Head sizes and shapes differ from region to region. The most common male size is 7-3/8 and the average hat size for females is 7-1/4
100% real reviews from real customers.
We partner with a third party reviews platform to ensure the integrity and authenticity of our customer reviews. We cannot edit review ratings and do not curate our reviews.
I've wanted a flat top for quite some time now. You were out of it so as soon as it became available, I ordered it, so very happy that I did, super cute!
It's a snazzy hat that also shields me from the sun and keeps the rain off. Very happy with it.
love my new hat. I’m saving it for the spring and summer weather here in NJ. I did order it a little larger since I am prone to headaches. It is the best valentine gift my husband ever got me!
I have many hats but the majority are leather or knit with a few felt ones. I really wanted some kind of Bison fiber hat and there it was - beckoning me with its uniqueness and 20% Bison / 80% Wool. The green ribbon hat band is nice but I wanted something more Bisony - that’s French I think. So I found a Bisonhead nickel hatband at Herd Wear and did the surgical changeout. This is definitely going to be one of my favorites!
Everyone needs to buy one of these
I love my flat top hat. I’ve gotten lots of compliments on it and it’s very comfortable. Just what I was looking for. Customer service was also excellent: quick shipping and good communication.
I am very happy with the hat.Got the small and it is a bit loose.no child size though.Am sure it will be my favorite for years.very well made
I bought the Flat Top to go with my outfit for my Single Action Shooting Society meets. I looked all over the internet and couldn’t find what I really wanted. Ron told me I would rock the Flat Top, so I bought it. I got it and it’s perfect! It fits well and it’ll look great with my old west outfit! Thank you Ron and Theresa!
S&D Spinning Mill, Millbury, MA, USA
Designed from the Ground Up
The Dearnley Family has been running S & D Spinning since the 1800s. This is one of the last large scale wool mills left in the U.S. and they are absolutely crucial to us keeping our production here in the U.S.