Celestial Mountain Dreams is a circular shawl that uses various circular shaping techniques, from an 8 point increase to modified pi to full pi shaping Inspired by the Chinese American culture dating back to the 1800's. Celestial is a term dating back to the 1860's when Chinese immigrants traveled to San Francisco during the Gold Rush.Many Chinese American's were crucial during the Gold Rush because of their extensive knowledge of dynamite and mining making them valuable assets to the mining and railroad industries. At the time, the term Celestial was a slang term used for the group of immigrants from the region of The Tien Shan mountain range. While at the time Celestial was often used in a derogatory manner, today it is used in history to document and share their contribution to the American history and how the Chinese American culture was established. Thanks to their hard work, dedication and sacrifices, the Chinatown's of many major metropolitan areas we know and love today, is thanks to the Celestial workers and their descendants.
This is the first of four shawls Lynette is designing from American history.
- Pi Shawl designed by Lynette Meeks of LeTissier Designs Finished size 66 to 72 inches around
- PDF knitting pattern w/kit; for the pattern only please go to designers Ravelry page Pattern release date July 20, 2018
- Lace knitting with beads 4500 beads - Delica beads 8/0
- Yarn: 1200 yds Sexy - Imperial Topaz
- Yarn: 1200 Earth Lace - Natural color
- Needles US #3 (3.25mm) dpn's and circs
- Notions: approx 60 markers
- Kit includes free shipping
- Join in with our Facebook KAL (Knitalong) private group - Celestial Mountain Dreams. KAL starts August 12 to September 15, 2018
- Preorders now (only 6 kits available for preorder), shipping by August 1, 2018