Authenticity was created with the spirit of the Old West in mind; homage to the classic Buckskin Shirt, a nod to the John Wayne in all of us. Authenticity is a relaxed dolman styled tunic with cable and fringe detailing that runs along the sleeve, across the neck and back down the opposite sleeve. The sleeves are three quarter length and to complete the feeling of the time there is lacing at the neckline and side vents.
- Materials: Buffalo Skies DK weight
- Sample done in Buffalo Skies Tanaka colorway
- Sizing: 36 – 38 bust; 1800 yds,
- Needle: US #5 (3.75mm) and US # 6 (4mm) needle for fringe; cable needle; markers and the regular notions.
- Gauge: pre blocked – 24 sts in 4 inches of stockinette; blocked – 22 sts in 4 inches of stockinette
- A classic dolman shaped sweater knit from wrist to wrist.
- Designed by Le Tissier / Lynette Meeks
- Published September 2016
- PDF knitting pattern
Finished this beautifully designed sweater. Fits perfectly, yarn is a pleasure to knit with, and the style is just perfect. Lynette Meek (designer) and The Buffalo Wool Co. wool never disappoints.
I saw this knitted up at MD Sheep and Wool and loved the look. While I have not started it yet, I know it’ll be a favorite. The designer, Lynette Meek, always creates clever and beautiful designs.