Light, ultra-soft, and very comfortable. Fits really well with a bit of stretch and soft knitted Ear-loops. (Even fits around my beard nicely.)
You should know...
We want to make sure you know that cloth masks (no cloth masks, not just ours) aren't for medical use and aren't guaranteed to prevent the transmission of viruses. Find out more about wearing cloth masks, caring for them and what PM 2.5 filters do, then make up your own mind. If you're looking for a cloth mask, ours can't be beat but look elsewhere if you're seeking N95-level filtration.
- Our face covering (mask) are not a respirator (that is reserved for healthcare workers.) Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19. Please refer to the CDC website for further recommendations https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
- Double knitted material with an insert pocket that holds a replaceable activated charcoal filter. One (1) Filter included
- To insert the filter media. It's pretty simple, roll it up and slide it in the little hole, unfold it and slip the mask on.
- Made with our Bison / Silk yarns (50/50%, same as our pro gear products)
- Color choice is the only available at this time in natural (no dye)
- Made in the USA
- If you would prefer a cotton version, the Knitting Mill will have them available on their website shortly, and I believe they are $13 https://tkm.studio/
- Includes one (1) PM 2.5 Activated Carbon Filters, from China
Please note, the ones shown in the pictures are cotton, the bison/silk version will be the same silvery/taupe as our Pro-gear socks.
100% real reviews from real customers.
We partner with a third party reviews platform to ensure the integrity and authenticity of our customer reviews. We cannot edit review ratings and do not curate our reviews.
It is so soft and easy to breathe through.
These are luscious! So soft and warm. Don't know what the problem is with other reviewers mentioning the ears not fitting right...they must have funny shaped heads. These are perfection.
I was pleasantly surprised how there was minimal fogging of my glasses. It’s always a problem with masks. I do have a little trouble with the ear holes. I wear mostly for cold weather so a hat helps keep it in place. I was overall happy with this product.
Used this during an 3 hour outdoor event on a 20 degree day. This luxuriously soft mask kept my face perfectly warm and was more convenient than wearing a gaiter. The facial coverage feels very complete. The mask was comfortably breathable, though it did capture moisture. Fortunately, this is where wool shines, and my face didn't feel wet or cold despite the moisture. I was actually shocked when I got home and picked up the mask and noticed just how moisture laden it had become. It was still damp when I put it back on to run more errands, and it was still warm and comfortable. (note: I did use the filter, which may have contributed to the moisture capture) If you are at all outdoorsy, grab a few of these. Long after COVID is over, these will be a valuable cold weather asset. The initial fit might feel snug on the ears, but it felt very forgiving and seemed to stretch to fit pretty quickly. The filter is a nice bonus, would have appreciated a few more. Outstanding product!
I really like this face mask. It’s comfortable and good for cold outdoor wearing. Had to modify the ear loops a bit since it was a bit small, but successfully modified. 👍🏼
The mask fits great. I get all the coverage I need without having to constantly tug on either the nose area or chin to keep it in place. The fiber content is so nice and soft making the mask very comfortable. Love that it has the filter pocket and a filter is included.
Great to wear outdoors during winter weather to keep your face from freezing. Ear holes/ holders are a bit small. I’ll have to come up with/use a head strap to keep it on comfortably.
Love the mask but ear holes are too small. Had to wet and stretch. Keeps me warm on my walks.
S&D Spinning Mill, Millbury, MA, USA
Designed from the Ground Up
The Dearnley Family has been running S & D Spinning since the 1800s. This is one of the last large scale wool mills left in the U.S. and they are absolutely crucial to us keeping our production here in the U.S.