- Water repellent wool/bison blend felt
- Springs back to shape after rolling up or stuffing into pack
- Genuine leather band and pewter feather detail.
- 20% bison 80% wool blend
- Made exclusively for us by Bollman Hats, Adamstown, PA.
|7" - 7 1/8"|
|Large||7 1/4" - 7 3/8"|
|X-Large||7 1/2" - 7 5/8"|
Hat Sizing Guide
|Small||6 3/4||21 1/8||54|
|6 7/8||21 1/2||55|
|7 1/8||22 1/4||57|
|Large||7 1/4||22 5/8||58|
|X Large||7 1/2||23 1/2||60|
|7 5/8||23 7/8||61|
How to Find Your Hat Size
- First, get yourself a tape measure made from a flexible material like cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic.
- Wrap the tape around your head, making sure you measure above your ears at the area where you prefer to wear your hat.
Although it is a matter of personal choice, a good spot to measure is the widest part of your head, as that’s where a hat often fits the best. When you get a measurement, consult the charts above to figure out your size.
- Measure several times to ensure you’re getting an accurate measurement.
- Don’t pull the tape too tight; you always want to err on the side of having a little too much room.
- If you fall between two sizes, we strongly recommend that you choose the larger in the interest of comfort.
- Head sizes and shapes differ from region to region. The most common male size is 7-3/8 and the average hat size for females is 7-1/4
I ordered this hat a little while ago, but just had the chance to wear it for the first time. Our weather is turning a little cooler and this was absolutely perfect! It kept my head warm and it's also super cute. It's a little big on me; however, my hair doesn't get smushed, so it's okay. I probably didn't order the correct size. I can see myself wearing this everywhere and look forward to many years of enjoyment. I'm getting ready to order one for my husband too as he loves it.
Although hesitant to buy a hat online I liked the style of the "Outback" hat. I measured my head and it was between sizes so went to the next size up as the company recommends. It arrived and is perfect. It is great to keep in the car when you need a little extra warmth or there is a bit of drizzle in the air. It is very well made. I am very happy and will purchase again from The Buffalo Wool Company.
Bought this hat several years ago in tan. Loved it so much bought the same hat in black. Well made and stands up to the weather. Also great service and company.
The quality and workmanship of this hat is amazing. It is a beautiful work of art. Thank you to The Buffalo Wool Co. and especially to the hands that created this piece.
I love it. It may be a little large, but maybe I can find sizers.
Course this is a gift.
The "Outback" in Black - Adventurer's Fedora
Excellent warmth and perfect rain shedding during wet weather conditions. Have received many compliments on stylish appearance. My new go to hat.
Perfect hat for informal as well as slightly dressier events. Waterproof to boot.