Carefully crafted in the USA, the functional and fun "The Outback" is perfect for the outdoorsman who prefers the colder months with which to journey and enjoy the earth. Ideal to wear during rain, snow, sleet, or hail, the broad-brimmed rustic style bends but never breaks. And the lightweight crushable felt material repels these elements with considerable style, for a felt fedora with which fellow campers, wanderers, and journeymen can marvel! Be noticed on your travels..
- Water repellent wool/bison blend felt
- Springs back to shape after rolling up or stuffing into pack
- Genuine leather and feather band
Standard Hat Size Inches BWC Hat Size
6 3/4 - 6 7/8 21 - 21.5 Small
7 - 7 1/8 22 - 22.75 Medium
7 1/4 - 7 3/8 22.75 - 23 Large
7 1/2 - 7 5/8 23.6 -24 X-Large
Hat Sizing Guide
|Small||6 3/4||21 1/8||54|
|6 7/8||21 1/2||55|
|7 1/8||22 1/4||57|
|Large||7 1/4||22 5/8||58|
|X Large||7 1/2||23 1/2||60|
|7 5/8||23 7/8||61|
How to Find Your Hat Size
- First, get yourself a tape measure made from a flexible material like cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic.
- Wrap the tape around your head, making sure you measure above your ears at the area where you prefer to wear your hat.
Although it is a matter of personal choice, a good spot to measure is the widest part of your head, as that’s where a hat often fits the best. When you get a measurement, consult the charts above to figure out your size.
- Measure several times to ensure you’re getting an accurate measurement.
- Don’t pull the tape too tight; you always want to err on the side of having a little too much room.
- If you fall between two sizes, we strongly recommend that you choose the larger in the interest of comfort.
- Head sizes and shapes differ from region to region. The most common male size is 7-3/8 and the average hat size for females is 7-1/4
Always on the look out for my new favorite hat, and this one made the grade. I have several from all the top hat brands and this one is exceptionally soft and comfortable. Didn't really know much about Buffalo uses, but these yarns are a real winner. Will look to try out some other products such as the socks. I want to buy another hat at BWC that caught my eye when my size is back in stock. My size is usually at the low end of XL, (60mm, 7.5, etc) and this hat in XL fit perfectly with no need of sizers.
Ordering another for a friend
It’s taken over as my favorite hat ever. I’m so glad I bought it. It had been on my wish list for almost a year!
I love the hat its very comfortable and lite weight and looks great too
The medium Olive Brown Adventures Fedora is close to the color I saw online and fits my 22 inch BALD head. It's softer and seems warmer than my favorite name brand crushable wool fedora that I've been wearing constantly for the last 20 years. I won't miss the old fedora which is hard to say about most things these days. Please note, although the Adventures fedora can be washed, I was advised not to soak the adventures fedora with soap and water and wash it in a bucket or as if it were a bucket like I did with my old fedora. I haven't tried washing it yet but I'm told the dye won't bleed. Time will tell if this product deserves 5 stars.
The most comfortable hat I have ever worn. I wear it everywhere, and sometimes at home just because I like it so much.
Comfortable and warm