The current batch of these have been delayed, they will not be finished UNTIL Dec 2nd. We will ship asap after that.
Carefully crafted in the USA, the functional and fun "The Outback" is perfect for the outdoorsman who prefers the colder months with which to journey and enjoy the earth. Ideal to wear during rain, snow, sleet, or hail, the broad-brimmed rustic style bends but never breaks. And the lightweight crushable felt material repels these elements with considerable style, for a felt fedora with which fellow campers, wanderers, and journeymen can marvel! Be noticed on your travels..
- Water repellent wool/bison blend felt
- Springs back to shape after rolling up or stuffing into pack
- Genuine leather and feather band
Standard Hat Size Inches BWC Hat Size
6 3/4 - 6 7/8 21 - 21.5 Small
7 - 7 1/8 22 - 22.75 Medium
7 1/4 - 7 3/8 22.75 - 23 Large
7 1/2 - 7 5/8 23.6 -24 X-Large
Hat Sizing Guide
|Small||6 3/4||21 1/8||54|
|6 7/8||21 1/2||55|
|7 1/8||22 1/4||57|
|Large||7 1/4||22 5/8||58|
|X Large||7 1/2||23 1/2||60|
|7 5/8||23 7/8||61|
How to Find Your Hat Size
- First, get yourself a tape measure made from a flexible material like cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic.
- Wrap the tape around your head, making sure you measure above your ears at the area where you prefer to wear your hat.
Although it is a matter of personal choice, a good spot to measure is the widest part of your head, as that’s where a hat often fits the best. When you get a measurement, consult the charts above to figure out your size.
- Measure several times to ensure you’re getting an accurate measurement.
- Don’t pull the tape too tight; you always want to err on the side of having a little too much room.
- If you fall between two sizes, we strongly recommend that you choose the larger in the interest of comfort.
- Head sizes and shapes differ from region to region. The most common male size is 7-3/8 and the average hat size for females is 7-1/4
Just right: dashing, yet understated, and cozy. Outstanding customer service, too!
So I purchased the hat as a Christmas gift for my father. I had order it and it hadn’t shipped yet so I had emailed them inquiring about it. The response was fast and they answered my question right away. They also as soon as it shipped gave me the information to keep track of the package. My dad absolutely loves the hat.
This is my first hat Buffalo Wool Co and now my favorite hat. Not only does it look great, it’s incredibly comfortable and lightweight too. I was in between sizes and went with a medium, but wish I would have gone with a small. That isn’t anything a little sizing tape won’t fix, and who knows, maybe I measured my head wrong. I’m incredibly pleased with the quality and already looking for hat #2.
Well made, neutral color (more brown than green), looks great!
Very well made. Exactly what I wanted. Comfortable, trendy, and soft. Can’t wait for cold weather. I’m going to get another one in black.
I have already worn my hat camping, to work, in the rain and never want to take it off. It is so comfortable you forget you have it on! As a knitter I was amazed when it kept my head warm sitting outside in 35 degree weather and I didn't need one of my wool beanies. A very well made, beautiful hat that I look forward to years and years of use. Thank you!!
Size, color, style.. perfect in every way!
I bought this hat for my husband’s birthday. He loves it! He says it’s the perfect color and a great fit. Winner! Thank you.