- Water repellent wool/bison blend felt
- Springs back to shape after rolling up or stuffing into pack
- Genuine leather with bronze Thunderbird accents
Carefully crafted in the USA, the functional and fun "Hunter" is perfect for the outdoorsman who prefers the colder months with which to journey and enjoy the earth. Ideal to wear during rain, snow, sleet, or hail, the broad-brimmed rustic style bends but never breaks. And the lightweight LiteFelt® material repels these elements with considerable style, for a felt fedora with which fellow campers, wanderers, and journeymen can marvel! Be noticed on your travels.
20% bison 80% wool- Made exclusively for us by Bailey Hats, Adamstown, PA.
To figure out what size you wear, you will need to find a cloth measuring tape. Measure the circumference of your head at the place where you would wear a hat. Take the measurement in inches and refer to the chart below. If you are in between two sizes, choose the bigger size. You can always pad a hat smaller.
Standard Hat Size Inches BWC Hat Size
6 3/4 - 6 7/8 21 - 21.5 Small
7 - 7 1/8 22 - 22.75 Medium
7 1/4 - 7 3/8 22.75 - 23 Large
7 1/2 - 7 5/8 23.6 -24 X-Large
Hat Sizing Guide
|Small||6 3/4||21 1/8||54|
|6 7/8||21 1/2||55|
|7 1/8||22 1/4||57|
|Large||7 1/4||22 5/8||58|
|X Large||7 1/2||23 1/2||60|
|7 5/8||23 7/8||61|
How to Find Your Hat Size
- First, get yourself a tape measure made from a flexible material like cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic.
- Wrap the tape around your head, making sure you measure above your ears at the area where you prefer to wear your hat.
Although it is a matter of personal choice, a good spot to measure is the widest part of your head, as that’s where a hat often fits the best. When you get a measurement, consult the charts above to figure out your size.
- Measure several times to ensure you’re getting an accurate measurement.
- Don’t pull the tape too tight; you always want to err on the side of having a little too much room.
- If you fall between two sizes, we strongly recommend that you choose the larger in the interest of comfort.
- Head sizes and shapes differ from region to region. The most common male size is 7-3/8 and the average hat size for females is 7-1/4
So I ordered the olive crushable hat but it was too big. There were none in stock but the black. I’ll have to say I love the black even more than the olive. The exchange process was easy and accommodating. Such a great company.
I like your hats...they're just a little too small for my head.
Great hat, LOVE it!
Great and quick service and delivery!
You guys rock,
hat good, comfortable, keeps shape and makes for a good story: buffalo wool!!? is the usual comment. experience with buying at fiber arts fest. was very good, story of ranch etc interesting.
I was at the Great American Outdoor Show, in Harrisburg, PA., when My wife said "you need a new hat" We found the Buffalo Wool company and they helped me Size the hat. IT was Raining and nasty outside. My head was DRY...I threw it in the car, with Bags of stuff, and got home. Crud, my hat was squished and mangled...Ruined...NOPE, it is my favorite Hat, wear it and get compliments all the time! Is there a summer version? I highly recommend this hat, warm, good fit, retains shape. Overall, 5 stars are not enough!
We are looking forward to receiving it. I was told it would be around January 9.
I ordered size large but received size extra large which was and is useless. The box was damaged, so was tossed before anyone realized the error. I've called and left a message, but the company uses Google phone so I've no idea if they even received the message. So a useless product, zero customer service, and not even a partridge in a pear tree.
Simple as that - fits good, looks good. I look forward to wearing it this winter!