Three colours of DK weight yarns stripe up this textured cowl. The pattern is repetitive and because of the dropped stitches grows quickly. The garter st finishing that jumps over the opens ends of the twisted stitches adds a few curves to set off the stripes.
The dropped stitch pattern is called Indian Twist St. There is a step by step photo tutorial included in the pattern.
200yds of the main colour; 160 yds of each of the secondary colours. The main piece is worked flat and then seamed. The edges are picked up and then worked in the round.
- Yarn weight: Buffalo Wool Company Buffalo Skies DK
- Gauge 19 stitches = 4 inches in garter stitch (wpi 11)
- Needle size US 7 - 4.5 mm
- Yardage 520 - 550 yards (475 - 503 m)
- 3 skeins of Buffalo Skies
- Sizes available One size - Approx 13 inches wide and 41 inches long