This fair-isle pattern hat is an easy repetitive knit. The pattern is an easy four stitch repeat and the colors are never carried for more than three stitches. It is knit in the round so there is no seaming. The crown of the hat is reminiscent of a many petaled flower. The effect is created with centered double decreases.
Knit it in four shades of your favorite sport weight yarn - great for using up left over bits of yarn - or purchase 4 colors a make 2 hats, reversing the main and contrast for each hat!
Samples are shown in the medium (green) and small (grey) sizes.
- Knitting PDF Hat pattern
- Published April 2016
- Buffalo Wool Company Buffalo Skies DK
- Yarn weight Sport / 5 ply (12 wpi)
- Gauge 22 stitches = 4 inches in stranded stockinette with larger needles
- Needle size US 4 - 3.5 mm US 5 - 3.75 mm
- Yardage 150 - 220 yards (137 - 201 m)
- Sizes available x-small, small, medium and large